IowaVINE: Iowa Victim Information & Notification Service
What is IowaVINE?
- IowaVINE is a crime victim information and notification system that tracks criminals who have been arrested by law enforcement or convicted by the justice system.
- IowaVINE is a free, 24-hour, confidential, computer-based service that provides crime victim information and notification via telephone and/or computer.
- IowaVINE is a service of the Iowa Attorney General's Crime Assistance Division.
- IowaVINE was created to provide information, notification, and peace of mind for crime victims.
- IowaVINE is also available to anyone who seeks public information about the custody and location of an offender.
What does IowaVine do?
- IowaVINE uses computer and telephone technology to automatically notify crime victims and interested parties about changes in an offender's custody status.
- IowaVINE provides information about an offender's apprehension, transfer, release, escape, or death.
How does IowaVINE provide notification?
- You can register your telephone number and/or e-mail address with IowaVINE. To register your phone number, either call the IowaVINE line at 1-888-7-IAVINE, or go to www.vinelink.com. If you wish to register your e-mail address, you must go to .
- You may register to receive notification on multiple phone numbers, including a cell phone.
- You will choose a personal identification number (PIN code) for telephone notification.
- When IowaVINE calls the phone numbers(s) that you provide, you will enter your PIN code to confirm that you received the notification.
- IowaVINE will continue call until you enter your PIN code, or until 48 hours have passed.
How else can I get information form IowaVINE?
- You can call IowaVINE at 1-888-7-IAVINE (1-888-742-8463) and receive information through an automated information system or you can press zero to speak with a trained IowaVINE operator.
- You can go to www.vinelink.com to get offender custody status and location information online.
- IowaVINE automatically calls your telephone or e-mails you with information 24 hours a day when there is a change in the offender's custody status.
- Trade IowaVINE operators are available 24 hours, 7 days a week.
- IowaVINE is anonymous. The offender will know you are registered with IowaVINE,
- Assistance with a trained IowaVINE operator is available in more than 200 languages.
- IowaVINE can notify you directly at any phone number except a number that rings to a switch board.
- If your phone number or e-mail address changes, you will need to re-register with IowaVINE.
- An offender in county jail custody will receive a new identification number if transferred to the custody of the Iowa Department of Corrections. You will have to re-register with IowaVINE once the transfer takes place. The IowaVINE system will guide you through the re-registration process.
For information on the custody status status and location of the offender, contact IowaVINE at 1-88-7-IA-VINE (1-888-742-8463) or go to the website at www.vineline.com
For support, information and referral
Crime Victim Compensation Program
515-281-5044 or 1-800-373-5044
Iowa Domestic Abuse Hotline
Iowa Sexual Abuse Hotline
For information about the criminal case or about the offender:
For information about the criminal investigation, contact the investigating law enforcement agency.
For information about the criminal case and to register for additional notification rights, contact the case prosecutor or the County Attorney's Office.
For information from the Department of Corrections, victims of violent crime may contact the Victim and Restorative Justice Program at 515-725-5742 or go to their website at www.doc.state.ia.us.