Board of Health
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
View a list of members (PDF).
The Black Hawk County Board of Health sponsors an annual legislative and/or candidate forum. Candidate forums offer an opportunity for the Board of Health to dialogue with local, state and federal candidates about priority public health issues. Legislative forums are generally held during the non-election years and focus on priority public health legislation. On behalf of the Black Hawk County Board of Health, staff from the Health Department actively monitors the status of state and federal public health legislation.
- Iowa Modernization of Public Health Committees
- Iowa Legislature
- Kaiser Family Foundation
- Black Hawk County Board of Health Position Statements
For information about the yearly agency budget, please view the budget.
VisionWe exist to ensure that people in our community have equitable opportunities and resources to lead healthier, more fulfilling, and longer lives.
We protect people in our community from health hazards, promote healthy behaviors, and prevent disease.
Black Hawk County Health Department is committed to these guiding principles:
- Teamwork and Collaboration: We create an inclusive environment so we can work within and across programs, sharing resources, knowledge and experience for the benefit of the whole.
- Outward Mindset: We believe in approaching everything we do with an outward mindset, putting the agency’s and community’s needs above our own, knowing that we are part of a larger whole.
- Resiliency: We commit ourselves to be adaptive, flexible, innovative, and solution-oriented, viewing transformation as an opportunity.
- Trust: We continuously build trust by assuming positive intent, believing and expecting the best from one another, promoting transparency and acting with integrity in all we do.
- Respect: We believe in the dignity of every human being and strive to genuinely see, hear and understand the perspectives of others. We understand that all our contributions add value, as individuals and team members. We treat one another fairly.
- Professionalism: We have a genuine desire to present a positive image, inside and outside the agency. We want to be seen as self-aware, disciplined, reliable, credible, and capable of critical thinking.
- Engagement: We foster a culture of open and honest communication where we listen to others, seek their constructive input and pursue collaborative efforts.
- Celebrate: We recognize and praise each other’s successes, embracing our differences and unique talents.